- Household Items
- Sports Items
- Fresh Produce
- Baked Goods
- Meat & Poultry
- Food in Cans
- Help with Rent
- Help with Utilities
- Help with Photo IDs
- Non-Narcotic Prescriptions
- Medical Equipment
Daystar Life Center of Citrus County is truly blessed by the generosity of so many. Thank you dear donors!
Without you, or our volunteers, it would be impossible to carry out our mission to help the impoverished, the homeless, and the struggling families with children in Citrus County.
Our greatest financial support, year in and year out, comes from the following:
- St. Benedict Catholic Church, Crystal River (our host parish)
- Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, Beverly Hills
- St. Scholastica Catholic Church, Lecanto
- The Knights of Columbus Councils affiliated with the above parishes
- The Communities of Catholic Women affiliated with the above parishes
- Members of the above parishes
The greatest support we receive outside of the Roman Catholic Church is from:
- Black Diamond Foundation, Inc. of Black Diamond Ranch Club, Lecanto
- United Way of Citrus County
- Many residents in Citrus County
Through the years Black Diamond Foundation has helped Daystar purchase a modular building that is used as our Social Services Office, two utility buildings for the sale of furniture and appliances from our Thrift Store, and a walk-in freezer, a new roof, three commercial refrigerators and an upright commercial freezer for our Food Pantry.
For many years United Way has awarded grants that Daystar was able to use to purchase food for distribution through our Food Pantry and/or to assist eligible clients either with overdue rent or to secure housing for them. For 2017-2018 Daystar received $25,000 to help low-income households in Citrus County with food or with housing costs.
Annually, Daystar receives grants from two utility companies in order to provide financial help to their respective customers who are at risk of having electrical power shut off:
- SECO Energy Angel Fund — Sumter Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Duke Energy Neighbor Fund — administered by United Way
We are just as grateful to all of the individuals and families, churches, civic clubs, service clubs, social clubs, sporting clubs, charitable organizations, businesses, schools and county departments for their donations of: money for our Social Services, money and food for our Food Pantry, clothing and other items for our Thrift Store, and money, equipment and supplies necessary for us to carry out our mission and to maintain our buildings and grounds.
THANK YOU! May God bless you for blessing us with your support, so that we may help those in need.
Daystar is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Monetary and property contributions to Daystar Life Center of Citrus County are eligible as federal tax deductions.